Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stuck in Toronto!!!

 

Should have done this on the Calgary plane.                                            Change the Naples to Calgary, the Dubai to Toronto and the Home to Florida and that is me.  

 

Hey guys, this blog is coming from the Toronto Airport which I am stuck in. Last night at 8:00pm I said goodbye to my family for a year and got on a plane for Calgary, got into Calgary early so that was cool, I waited at the gate and then met up with another girl who is going down to Florida with me, we got onto our plane to Toronto and that is when madness hit… first the de-icier has issues and then the plane had a power outage and they had to reboot the system so we were late taking off, we finally arrived at Toronto only to be arriving at the same time our plane to Toronto was taking off, no one told us until we went to security, went though pre-check and customs and no one said anything. Customs was easy to get though I gave them the forms and they just asked some questions, and they they went stamp happy on all they forms putting a visa stamp on my boarding pass, my declaration form and my passport and visa card; the visa card and the passport I needed it on but I’m not sure why I needed it on the declaration or the boarding pass. After we got though customs we went to security where they were about to not let us go for our plane was already gone, they finally said it was ok and to go talk to a air Canada staff, so we found the customer service desk and they put us on the 4:50pm flight, and debated weather or not to put us on stand by for a 11am flight they decided not to and it was a good thing for there was already people who were on stand by and are now on this flight because they couldn’t get onto the 11:00 fight.

One good thing they did though was give me and the other girl a meal voucher for $10 it’s not much but at least it’s something.

So that is it, I’ll update when I finally get to Florida, (if I ever get there Smile with tongue out) by that time I will have been in airports and airplanes for close to 24 hours and this was only suppose to be a 9 hour journey.

Cheer,

Good Morning,

Good Afternoon, and

Good Night.

3 comments:

  1. that's terrible!!! but at least you're half way there right? how long did you have between your flights? i'm stopping in toronto as well (from vancouver) and decided to go for a longer layover (4 hours i think) just to stay on the safe side.
    good luck! hopefully you get there safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flew into Toronto from Edmonton yesterday and it was totally fine and even a bit early! Crazy what one day will do! You're about to start the best year of your life! Have a blast :)
    -Kate (I did the program in 09/10..just so you don't think I'm some total random commenting on your blog...
    www.kate-at-disneyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jesika 4 hours should give you plenty of time, I had a hour and 20 min and fixing the plane in Calgary took up 45 min and then customs took up another 20 so by the time we (Chelsea the girl I traveled with) got past customs they already loaded our plane and was taking off.
    so if you give yourself 4 hours you should be fine it will give you a chance to eat something.
    Hey Kate I actually have been reading your blog i just never actually added it onto my list. :)

    ReplyDelete