Sunday, March 13, 2011

First official week.

Hey so where did I leave off….. oh yeah Thursday the 10th, lets continue then shall we…

On Friday the 11th I had the day off so I ended up relaxing, I was going to go to Downtown Disney but decided against it because I wanted Magic Kingdom to be the first Disney place I went.

On Saturday the 12th I had to get up early to catch a 7:30 bus to Disney University for Traditions, when we got there they checked our photo IDs (oh so you know for the first few days you have to carry ALL paperwork with you but when you get into the job training then you can throw them in a locker and never look at it again) and then gave us a little Mickey paper and told us to take a seat, about 10 min later someone came and grabbed us and took us to the classroom, we saw a union presentation and most of the group signed up for it but my whole table didn’t, I didn’t because I am cheap and didn’t want to pay the $9 a week, after that we saw some more presentations and I got 3 critters for answering questions, I got a Mickey, a Minnie, and a Goofy, the Goofy will be going to my mom when I get back for she loves Goofy. We then went into Magic Kingdom to watch the cast members at work, I’ll tell you this the cast members could see us coming a mile away, here we are a group of people in business outfits walking down the path compared to the dozen family around in shorts and tee-shirts; we stuck out like a sore thumb but oh well we got paid to be in magic kingdom, after that we went to the cast cafeteria, and then went back to the university for more presentation and we ended up getting a surprise visit but someone who gave us our name tags, and after class we also got our cast IDs.  After traditions a bunch of us went to Magic Kingdom to see wishes, of course as it goes the ID’s weren’t in the system yet so we had to do it manual there was about 12 of us so manual took a while. But we did see Wishes as well as Memories and you.

This is where I have to do a slight rant, I wanted to record the fireworks and take some pictures but when I took my camera out to see how much battery it had left I found it to not be working, I tried to charge it; it would not charge, I tried to use it with just the power adapter nothing came on so it somehow got screwed between Monday and Friday it was in my camera bag the whole time and it was working just fine before I got on the plane so I have no clue what happened to it. So I need to call the place I got it from for it is still under warranty because it is not even a month old yet and I need to get them to fix it or replace it.

Today I was in the Canadian Pavilion starting to learn Merch, I’m the only new Canadian Merch to start, I meet my trainer and she then processed to take me for my costumes and show me the Canadian break room, we are sharing with Soaring so I will have to make some friends and see if they will get me fast passes. We then went to the Pavilion and did a tour of it, I then did some e-learning's, which is very boing I think my trainer fell asleep when I was doing them, she then just went over some more info, we then yet again walked around the pavilion to see what the other castmembers were doing that I could learn from, for a little while I just talked to customers, had one who thought we were American's pretending to be Canadian’s and he was from the same town I was so he asked me to name a location in the town that only a local would know so I named a small mall and he now believes we are Canadians.  At the end of the day I yet again walked around the pavilion staring at people but this time was with my manager, who will be testing me next Sunday to see if I have earned my ears or if I need to stay with a trainer longer.

Tomorrow I have Merchantainment which is merch and entertainment mixed together so hoping that it will be fun, then on Tuesday I have my Discovery day which from I know is a EPCOT tour, on Wednesday and Thursday I have it off and then from Friday to Sunday I have training with a trainer.

oh one last thing I have my first room inspection next week and one of my roommates (of course the one I got along with) is moving out and I’m hoping whoever moves in next will be nice.

I am the cat lady of commons, there is a white cat that sits under my window and there is a tortoise shell cat that follows me around the funny thing is it looks exactly like my brothers cat, I called it my brothers cat’s name and it actually came to me so that freaked me out, but my brother still has his cat in Canada so were all good.

will that’s it for now, I swear I’ll try to update earlier so I don’t have this massive blog again, can’t make promise but I can try.

Cheers,

Good Morning,

Good Afternoon, and

Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment