Thursday, March 24, 2011

Epic fail!!!

So one Wednesday (23rd) it was my first day without a trainer, but before that my house was filled with housing people, they came in to do the actual inspection which we passed and they gave up cookies, and then the pest control guy came in and did a preventative care spray for bugs, and then last but not least the repair man came in to fix our roof because it was starting to fall in. I started work at 3 pm and finished at 9:30 pm it went well and I spend the day basically playing with kids and talking to parents, a few kids wanted to know how I got the job so I explained the process to them so they might be future cast members. It turns out that even though I learned how to do the engraver position, I won’t actually be tasked to it for about a month. After work I went to a throw in for the new Canadians, one of them being Jessica from http://oneyearindisneyworld.tumblr.com/ you were a good sport Jess. After the throw in I went back home and crashed for 4 hours and then I got up and went to get my Social Security number, which I still don’t have because two things came back and bite me in the butt, one was that I applied to a college in the US and the second was that I have a US bank account, so I have to get a form from the school I applied to saying that I don’t have a social security number and I also have to go to the bank and get them to explain how they open accounts for Canadians without a SSN number, I have 10 days to get it all done and I also have to work for majority of the time, oh one more thing about the SSN number appointment, it is a MUST that you have your birth certificate, one of my UK friends got turned away because she had a photocopy.

In other news My French friend from France and I want to get a one bedroom in Patterson, it is cleaner, newer and cheaper, she is 26 going to be 27 in July and I am also 26 going to be 27 in September, we both don’t drink so it is a good fit. We talked to housing and we still have a few more days before they will let us put in a transfer but they did tell us that there would be a waiting list for one bedrooms, I don’t mind I feel a lot confortable sharing with one person verses 5 or more.

On the side was suppose to be a schedule of my work days but it turns out that something went wrong, if anyone knows of a good calendar for blogs please let me know.

Someone posted that they wanted to know about Joe, Joe is a American friend who I meet at a housing event, he’s part of the American College Program.

I will be working tonight and then tomorrow morning I will be going to Downtown Disney with Maryanne (she’s my French friend) she has rented a car for 2 weeks so that we can go grocery shopping without figuring out how to get it onto the bus. I then have work at 6 pm until 12:30 am.

So that’s it for now,

Cheers,

Good Morning,

Good Afternoon, and

Good Night

2 comments:

  1. hey that's me!! i had a good time at the throw in, just wish i wasn't so late! I still don't know how i feel about wade in those short shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol you had it easy, my throw in guy was in underwear and a pop can, and whiping cream on his chest. the cool thing is when the next batch of Canadians come in you get to watch the throw in instead of being in the centre.

    ReplyDelete