Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Merchantainment, discovery day and Grocery game

First off Congrats to those that got accepted, to those that didn’t – that sucks; but try to stay positive try again or see if there is a different path you are meant to take, and to those on a wait list don’t give up hope; I was on a wait list for 5 months and just before I had to make the decision to reapply or try something else I got a spot, so you never know when you can get it.

Again I’m sorry I left it for a few days so this maybe long, so here it goes.

First of all I never did say how much I pray that the Japanese people are alright, my roommate is from Japan and I am really glad that all her love one and friends are alright.

Monday 14th: I had Merchantainment it is a Disney made word that took merchandising and entertainment and added them together, it means “retail as theatre” Walt Disney wanted shoppers to see a shop as a theatre so he wanted the cast (staff) to always be putting on a show. In the class we basically learned how to use the registers and different ways of payment and other general information that we were going to need to know, then we went and did some e- learning, you will learn to hate the e-learning and the repetitiveness of it, but everyone does it so I just learn to bear with it and get it done.

Today (Tuesday 15th): Today was discovery day at EPCOT however all I can tell you is you take a tour of EPCOT and the rest you have to experience yourself since I was sworn to keep it quite. After discovery day me and a friend went to Hollywood Studios and had lunch/dinner at the sci fi dinner theatre and you actually sit at cars so that’s quite cool. We then went and seen the live show of Beauty and the beast, we were going to go see the little mermaid show but the line was too long so we decided to come back later, it is very cool to be able to say that “oh will come back a different day” the thought of knowing you can get into any Disney park for free is great.

Tonight I went to a event put on by housing, It was called “Grocery Price is right” It gives away free groceries so I figured hey free food I’m there, we all got given ticket and then called out 4 numbers at a time and they had to each guess how much a item cost and whoever won each round got given 3 bags of Groceries, I never got called but they also do “Grocery Bingo” so when they do that I’m going to go. So yeah I didn’t get any food out of the deal but I did get a date so in the end it was worth going.

Tomorrow I’m going out on the date, It is really just a Grocery shopping trip but hey when you live in a tight spaces you take any kind of date. I also have Thursday off and then one Friday I start Training again but it will be back in the pavilion. I will eventually get pictures up but I need to get my camera working again.

That’s it for now,

Cheers,

Good Morning,

Good Afternoon, and

Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment