Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mommy Canada has a scary building :(

Lets see what has happened….. oh yeah training and even more training, so yesterday (March 18th) I learned how to open Canada… yes its true I learned how to open a country Smile with tongue out no put I learned that there are ropes across the steps of Canada and it is Merch’s job to unhook them and then it is attractions job to take them away, but we get to be the one to say “welcome to Canada”, followed by the question “where’s Kidcot?” the 3 most question I hear in a day are 1. “where’s Kidscot?”, 2. “where’s the bathroom?” and 3. “Where can I smoke?” followed closely by “how do I get to O Canada” O Canada for those who don’t know is a 360* movie about Canada. Yesterday I got a register number so I was able to learn to do transactions, which everyone was happy to give me register duty, I learned the different areas there is the Engraver, to anyone reading this going into Canadian Merch and if you think like I did NO you do not need to do it manually there is a computer and you just need to put in what needs to be engraved, then there is cart register and then port one register and sometimes there might be a port two register but sometimes that gets shut down, you might also get the duty of tasking which can be anything from clean the store to go pin trade with kids, every day you will be switching between roles, yesterday and today I wasn’t in rotation because I am in training but for my 2nd halve of my shift tomorrow I will be, the first halve is my assessment to make sure I know what I am doing and to see if I had earned my ears.

Today (March 19) I learned to close the store and the cart I’m not sure who closes all of Canada, I thought because I was going to be working near cart tonight that I was going to be able to see the Fireworks but sadly closing the cart was done under the carts and then back into the backroom of the store so that sucks, but I’m sure I will still see it. So also today I got to work in all the areas and even got to work on the engraver so that was cool, will it was cool until I broke it, I did 3 bracelets and was about to do another and the machine stopped, and we couldn’t get it to work again good thing it was at the end of the night so we were able to just shut it down.

So because I am at the bottom of the barrel for seniority, last person to arrive before me was in Nov. so that was a long time without a new merch person, but anyways because I am low down there I get closing shift for the next few months, there is a new person starting next week so I will already have higher seniority then someone, and apparently come July most of the Canadian Merch are done there contract so there will only be 3 older ones left so in July I move to the 4th highest seniority I know that doesn’t sound special but that means that I won’t have to do that much closing shifts.

I saw that not this Friday but next Friday I will have my first 11 hour shift so I am not looking forward to that one, but for the next few days I will be working 1 pm to 9 pm so that shouldn’t be so bad. In housing news were suppose to have a house check on Wednesday and I figured that’s fine I have all day Monday or Tuesday to clean…. NOPE wrong there is a new person moving in on Tuesday and so they want to check it on Monday, really they couldn’t tell us this before so now I have to get up early to do my share because they will be here on Monday at 9 am to inspect and so that means I have to actually be out of bed early on my day off, baaa humbug, it better be a nice roommate.

Oh so I will be getting a total of 3 hours sleep on Wednesday night because we have a Canadian Throw-in for the newbies (whoot it’s awesome to say newbie for I won’t be in that category anymore) and that will be done by 1 am and then I have to get up at 4 am for my Social Security number, my trainer told me to make sure I sit at the very front of the bus for when we get to the office we all go into the building in order of the bus and that means the first one in is the first one out, meaning I can get out and then sleep on the bus until everyone is done.

well wish me luck for tomorrow actually I guess now it’s today I will be doing my assessment to see if I have earned my ears and then I will be going into the rotation without someone telling me what to do, I think though I might keep my badge that says “earning my ears” that way people might be a little more understanding on why I am slower, but I’ll see how well I do tomorrow for if I am really confident I might just rip them off and go for it, I’ll have to see how it goes.

Well that’s all for now,

Remember I like comments and questions, they are friends Smile with tongue out

Cheers,

Good Morning,

Good Afternoon, and

Good Night.

1 comment:

  1. Wow do you ever have a busy schedule! talk more about this joe guy...

    ReplyDelete