Thursday, April 28, 2011

This is going to be a long post.

Sorry it has been a while since I last updated but things have been busy.

April 20th (Wednesday): I worked 11 am to 10pm so I opened and closed and I also learned how to do the money drop which was interesting.  basically you need to scan in all the paperwork and then put the money into the machine which will count it and put it in a safe but if the machine does not take it then you have to do it manually and put it manually into the safe which involves you standing there waving the money bag in front of a camera for 5 sec and then putting it in, all in all it’s not that hard and Canadian’s usually don’t have to do it only when it gets insane do we have to worry about it usually the UK does it for us Canadians.

April 21st (Thursday): I worked 1pm to 12:30am because they decided to move the magic hours to the Thursday, I almost got a ER because someone actually wanted to work the magic hours and asked me if I wanted to give them up and of course I did I had to work opening the next morning anyways but it didn’t work management wouldn’t let us so I ended up working the full hours, and Magic hours get quite interesting especially around 11pm when the beer cart closes down and people still want to drink around the world, we had people yell about how Canada sucks and how we are going to loose at the NHL play offs and so on, my co-worker and I looked at each other and she goes “why does everyone think we only care about hockey, and how is saying we are going to lose at hockey going to get us to give them beer?”  we were watching people who were actually trying to get behind the beer cart to get there own beer but there were security and other cast members to get them out.

April 22nd (Friday): My ear plugged up. And I worked from 11 am to 9:30pm, I only got about 5 hours of sleep the night before and it was really hot out so between not having enough sleep and the heat and then the fact my ear decided to plug up I ended up feeling horrible, I felt nauseas, and ended up having a headache, I got home and passed out, but a good thing was that since it was earth day they had some events going on at work and I got a free backpack.

April 23rd (Saturday): I worked 1pm to 9:30 pm so I got a nice little sleep in , so I felt a lot better. It was really hot again but since I had more sleep I was able to take it a lot better.

April 24th (Sunday) : I worked from 11am to 9:30 am, It was also Easter so housing gave us some rice Krispy treats, the same ones they sell in the stores for $3. There wasn’t as many people as I thought there was going to be in the park, but apparently magic kingdom was packed. The UK and American adventure both has Easter egg hunts going on and the American Adventure also had Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny. 

April 25th (Monday) : I was a day off so I was going to go to Walmart and pick up a few things when I ran into AJ from the UK who was going to walk to Taco Time and asked if I wanted to come and he would walk with me to Publix, I never knew how to walk to Publix due to the fact that I get lost way to easily, so I said sure and because I did I now know how to get to Publix and Walgreens with out a bus and also how to get to the Outlet malls. After Publix I went to Epcot and took some pictures of the new additions to the flower and garden festival and I filmed illiminations, and because Magic Kingdoms fireworks weren’t until 10pm and illiminations was at 9pm I was able to also get Wishes at Magic Kingdom as will. When I was waiting for the monorail to take me to Magic kingdom I got into a conversation with a little boy beside me in line, he was about 4 and was playing with a buzz light year glow toy so I pretend he shot me and he started to talk to me about random stuff until the monorail came, they got into the car behind me and I heard the little boy tell the mom “I like that girl, she was nice”, so even on days off you can’t take the Disney training out of cast members. That night I also when to games night which only had a 4 person turn out again.

April 26th (Tuesday) : my 2nd day off, so I went to Animal Kingdom and actually went on the Yeti ride which I surprised myself that I actually went on, and I loved the self guided tours of the animals and the safari ride which was actually not packed for once, I also went and seen the shows, I then went to Hollywood studios and watched “Lights, Motor and action” the car stunt show and then I went for dinner because I don’t eat much I was able to just order a Kids meal and it was enough food for me and it also saved me $4, I then waited in line from 6pm to 7pm to get a seat for “Fantasmic” which I got front row so no heads in the way and the show started at 8:30pm.

April 27th (Wednesday) : I worked 11am to 5pm which was quite cool since it was the first time I actually got off before the park was closed, I also have developed a fan, a girl came back to the engraver and suddenly shouted “Melanie” when she saw me it took me a while to place her since I see a lot of people a day but she was someone who bought some bracelets before that were a pain to engrave and she was trying it again, this time it actually worked or so I thought. So I got my bump out and was walking to the cast exit when they ran up to me and explained that they gave me the wrong spelling so I told them to just go back to the cart and it will be fixed, she asked me if I was going on brake and if she could come back after my brake but I told her I was actually going home and that if she goes back to the cart they will happily fix it for her, but she didn’t want to get me into trouble so it took me a while to get to understand that no trouble will come to me if she goes back. That night was also a good bye party for a fellow merchie this one was personal for she was my trainer and my go to for problems, I also went to the throw out and got the award of being the only Oilers fan (the guy who was handing it down was also the only Oilers fan) so now I am the official Oilers fan until I leave and then I hand it down.

April 28th (Thursday): Today I was suppose to work 10:30 am to 9 pm but I looked and felt horrible so I found out from Andrew how to call in sick and so that means I now have one point on my recorded but I can call in for 3 days in a row and all that is on one point but I am feeling great now ( all besides a dang cough and the stupid plugged ear that I had since Friday) but I am going to see how I am tomorrow and if I am fine then I will be working a 13 hour day so that will be fun, drugs may end up being my best friend tomorrow.

Will that is it,

Cheers,

Good Morning,

Good Afternoon and

Good Night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment