Monday, August 23, 2010

Beginning...

Hey guys
So I decided to join the trend of starting a blog, I was going to do a vlog but then I remembered that I hate my voice on tape so I decided to stick with a blog.
So I have recently got accepted into Disney's CRP (Cultural representative program), so starting on March the 8th I will be in Florida and a few days later I will be working as a merchandiser (hope that is a real word) in the Canadian pavilion.
So here is when I do a flashback and tell you how I got to this point. So last July 2009 (yes last July) I applied on yummy jobs website for the CRP and in sept. I got a phone interview, it went will and they just asked me some simple questions, here are some sample questions that I can remember and the answer I gave: Q) how do you feel about sharing a room with someone from a different country? A) I spent 4 years of college with people from different countries and they are cool to learn. Q) how do you feel about working in 100F outside? A) will it would beat working -35C outside not counting the windchill. (that answer just came out before I could come up with a better answer, but it made Kristen laugh so it was a good answer), that's all I can remember from then,so about 2 weeks later I got a email saying that I made it to the face to face in October however it was in Toronto and I live in Alberta so the interview was on the east coast and I am on the west coast and the interview was in three weeks and I just couldn't come up with money in time to get there so I emailed Kristen and found out I can postphone the interview and go to the spring one on the west coast, so that is what I did. In March, my parents (who wanted a reason to take a weekend vacation)and I went to Vancouver, it was cool I got there about a hour early so I was the first person there and Kristen was just starting to set things up so we talked for a bit and then she said she needed coffee so she put me in charge of watching her stuff and gave me a message to tell other people when they got there, so when people came in I got to meet a lot of them (corse I suck at peoples names so I remember none of them). About 2 weeks later people were starting to hear back so I started checking my email like crazy, finally my email came and I didn't want to look at it, will it turned out I was waitlisted so that sucked but I decided to wait it out but by the 5th month I relized that I might not get the call so I needed to decide weather or not to reapply but last week they made up my mind, I GOT THE CALL!!!! I will be going out on the 8th of March so in the end it will have taken me a year and 6 months but hey it's going to be worth it.
So for now I need to kill time, but that will be easy for the next 2 weeks I will be insanelly busy helping my brother with his wedding, I will be a bridesmaid and also my film company will be filming his wedding so I got to oversee that and then edit it. Plus I get to start teaching film classes again so that will kill sometime.
But this was insanely long winded but I am now caught up and I will keep this updated (maybe...I hope).
Will that's all hopefully someone starts to read this beside me,myself and I.
Alright all....
Good morning,
Good afternoon,
And Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment